HEALTHCARE OUTREACH PROGRAM
Participant’s position needed: Nurse
Total number of participants: 1
Location: P.O BOX 35778 Kampala, Central Uganda, East Africa.
Application deadline: No deadline. Applications are on a rolling basis
Hours: 7 hours per day, 5 days a week (Monday-Friday),
Project duration: 1-2 weeks
Kalambi community outreach project (KACOP): KACOP is a community based organization that responds to the needs of children and their families in just outside Kampala, Uganda in Wakiso sub-county, Wakiso District. Our mission is to enable marginalized Ugandan children and their families attain social and personal development through sustainable livelihood, basic medical care and formal education support that help them become a positive influence in society.
A nurse will be responsible for dispensing, blood examination, care and support, referral, follow up and health talks.
- At least one year of experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform job duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Some HIV/AIDS knowledge
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Knowledge and skills working in a team effort
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding organization and constituent information
- volunteer must bring own computer
- volunteer must commit to raising 450 Euro.
Participation fee borne entirely by the volunteer and no repayment at the end of the project, the fee covers only program funding, accommodation, pre-departure administration work, one day trip around Kampala, on arrival orientation and airport pick up.