Dates of the project: Aug 10th – 23rd
Location: Batu Loceng, Kabupaten Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Language: English should be spoken among participants. Bahasa Indonesia should be spoken with local people. Bahasa Indonesia is super easy language for foreigners. No tenses to study only simple structure. Try to learn online before your departure. Totally worth it
Accommodation: Host family, self cooking, sleeping bag and mattress needed, shared toilet and bathroom
Fee: IDR 2,800,000
Meeting point: Dago Bus Terminal at first day of workcamp at the latest 12.00 midday. Contact Area Manager Bandung (Ms) Lina Apriyani at +62 81321870631; Contact Program Manager (Mr) Ben Pramudya at +62 813 1803 6960; Contact Incoming Staff (Mr) Yayat at +62 812 2928 667
Airport: Soekarno Hatta International Airport Jakarta or Husein Sastranegara International Airport Bandung
Supporting local youth organization – Karang Taruna on youth empowerment program on education, language, culture, and environment. Previous workcamps in Batuloceng can be viewed here
Batu Loceng Sub-Village is part of Suntenjaya Village, Lembang Municipality, Bandung Regency. Most of the populations are living as coffee farmers, vegetables farmers, and dairy cow breeders. Batu Loceng village has beautiful natural scenery that became as a potential to become a tourism village. It has its own characteristic of nature, culture, traditional music and martial art. The aim of tourism village is to develop local potential such culture, local people, agriculture, environment, local history. The participation of local people is the most important thing in developing the tourism village.
The aims of the camp are:
- To promote Batu Loceng as the sample of “toward Ecotourism Village”
- To prepare the youth and local people towards “Ecotourism Village”
- To raise the awareness of global education among local youth
- To increase the awareness of local people about their environment and learn organic farming
- To educate local youth about the important of preserving local culture
- To exchange cultures among volunteers, local people, and local students.
- To spread out the idea of voluntary service and international workcamp among the local people.
There are two activities, physical work (farming, helping garbage management, and maintaining local library) and non- physical work (language class, organize an environment educational workshop, art and storytelling class)
Be ready with extreme changing weather and mosquitoes. Please bring your umbrella or rain coat in case of a high rainy day and mosquito lotion or mosquito net.