VIETNAMESE CULTURAL LEARNING & SIGHTSEEING
This program is designed for the inquiry of volunteers who want to learn more about Vietnamese culture & visit tourist places, beside of volunteering project. This program lasts for 1 week and will be independent/separated with volunteer project. It is optional program.
– Monday: Pick-up from airport; Arrival.
– Tuesday: Ho Chi Minh City exploring – Unification Palace, Saigon Notre Dame Catheral (Church), War remnant museum, Post office centre, Dong Khoi street, Ben Thanh market, Vietnamese lesson on practicing.
– Wednesday: Cao Dai temple& Cu Chi tunnel.
– Thursday & Friday: Melkong Delta visit & home-stay experience (2 days & 1 night)
– Saturday: City self–exploring (with guidance). -Sunday: Free time.
MAIN ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM (what the fee is included)
- Pick up from Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh city) international airport
- Accommodation at Volunteer House (Peace House)
- Food (3 meals per day) & drinking water
- 1 to 3-days Orientation trainingo Presentation of aims and structure of VPV & its’s projects
o Short introduction to Vietnam and tourist destinations recommendation o Practical information and arrangements
o Basic Vietnamese & local travel guide
o Visit to Host Placement(s)
- 1- day Mid-term Evaluation (for those who stay for 6 months and over)
- 1- day Final Evaluation
- On going support and supervision during the program (24/7 support)
- Local transportation to the project on working days
What is not include in the fee
- Air fare, visa and travel/medical insurance
- Personage expenses during program
- Meals/Accommodation out arranged by personage plan
THE ARRIVAL AIRPORT AND START DATES
The arrival airport
The arrival airport is Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam (or Ho Chi Minh city international airport – There is another name is Saigon international airport). There are direct connection/flights from this airport to most international airports in the world (North of America, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc).
The start dates
Our projects start officially on every Tuesday, except Tuesday 24 Jan 31 Jan 2017 (as it is holiday).
Office and volunteer house
Office and volunteer house (Peace House) is a 6-storey building on street No.23, Tan Qui ward, District 7, a residential area with many shops surrounding. District 7 is a part of city central and it is about 6km (4 miles) to District 1 (the most central), which is about 15 minutes driving.
There are 6 bedrooms over 3 top floors, with the capacity of hosting up to 40 persons at a time. The normal number is in between 10-25 volunteers. Volunteers will share the room with other volunteers from different countries in the same programme. The normal number will be 1-5 volunteers per room. In the busy season, the size can be either 7 to 9 per room.
By individual request, the private room or twin room can be arranged, either at volunteer house or at private accommodation near by.
The first floor is for office, meeting & dining room. The second floor is for common room & kitchen and thereis a terrace on top for chatting or viewing to city.
Address: No 63, street No 23, Tan Qui ward, District 7, Hochiminh city
In the house, there are TV, PC, free wifi, fridge, washing machine, air conditioner, hot water, provided meals as well as cooking equipment, common area & terrace. Bunk-beds, fans, sheets, pillows, mosquito-net & blankets are provided. Bathroom is inside every private bedroom with shower (cold & hot water using solar energy) and toilet; please bring your own towel.
There is a permanent cook who prepares a wide variety of delicious and authentic Vietnamese dishes with locally sourced, fresh produced daily from Monday to Saturday morning. At the weekend, food will be beef noodle and served by local restaurant near by; apart from this , volunteer are freely to cook in the kitchen.
For some special cases, when volunteers work at projects in other places than Ho Chi Minh city , they will stay at the project site.