NAROK SOUTH CONSERVATION NETWORK (NASECT)
This is an environmental based organization formed and registered in the ministry of gender sports and social services.
Narok South Conservation Network (NASECT) is an Environmental Based Organization formed and registered in the Ministry of Gender Sports and Social Services. Its vision is sharp focus on conservation of environment in Narok South district in Mao Conservancy. Our mission is to involve all the community members’ environmental issue in their respective capacities. Our core values are to practice traditional value of hard work, integrity, efficiency and fairness for the advancement and promotion of environmental, education and community development.
Duration of the project: 1 to 6 months. The program is running throughout the year.
Orientation: Orientation meeting will take place in Nairobi before proceeding to the project.
Accommodation: At a host family. Please note that you will share the typical living conditions of a Kenyan family. There is electricity and shower at the accommodation.
Location: Narok Town is located in the Rift Valley province of Kenya, approximately 2 and a half hours drive from Nairobi. Public Transport available. The closest Hospital, Markets, Post Office, Banks (ATMs), Internet and other social facilities are located in Narok Town, 20 min drive from the project site. The terrain is flat; the region is hot and dry. The Maasai ethnic groups, who live here, have maintained their longtime traditions.
Age range: 18 and over
Participation fee: 600 Euros for 3 months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead weekly field trips during the school calendar year.
- Facilitate weekend drop-in family programs.
- Provide outreach and key support for environmental and outdoor education programs.
- Assist education staff in the development and implementation of new educational programs including field trips, camps, after-school programs, teacher workshops, volunteer programs, and public programs.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of educational materials.
- Assist in the tracking and evaluation of current Environmental educational programs and practical in Schools.
- Provide administrative support to Environmental education team
- Measure to Impacts of Climate change and global warming.
- Volunteers will plant of trees, landscaping, collecting garbage, and clean the area.
- Establishments of Community Tree Nursery, provision of seedlings and seeds for planting in numerous collaborations with other stakeholders.
- Waste management and clean ups campaigns for community health.
- Precaution to Water pollution degraded zones & encroached catchment’s areas.
- Conservation data collection, community mobilization, awareness and trainings.
- Suitable Environmental Utilization days & sustainable energy alternatives.
Major attraction for your leisure time in the park is; the black rhino, lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, buffaloes, Giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, elands and diverse birdlife with over 400 species recorded. Other attractions include; the ivory burning site monument, Maasai Mara National Game Reserve